Police Reports: August 26-September 4


At 1:36 a.m. on August 27, the Russellville Police Department responded to a room at the La Quinta Inn and requested Pope County EMS for a subject that was passed out unconscious. The subject was transported to the emergency room. At approximately 4:00 a.m., two officers from the Department of Public Safety went to the emergency room to follow up with the Tech students. The officers observed that the admitted student was conscious, but not completely coherent. When asked what happened, the student explained that she had been smoking a substance with two unknown males. The student did not know what the substance was, but explained that they were not tobacco cigarettes. The student remained confused on why she was admitted to the ER.

*Note: The La Quinta Inn is currently used by Arkansas Tech for overflow housing. This report indicates that this incident transpired in an overflow room and therefore also on Arkansas Tech property.

At 11:15 a.m. on August 29, a female complainant came to the Department of Public Safety to report her bike missing. The complainant stated that she parked her bicycle in front of a bike rack and discovered it missing the following morning. The complainant also stated that the bicycle was not chained to the racked and claimed that the rack was full when she left her bicycle there. The officer making the report advised the complainant to look around campus to be sure it was missing.

At 1:30 p.m. on August 29, the officer located a bike matching the description given parked against a tree near Turner Hall. The officer contacted the complainant who was later able to confirm that the bicycle belonged to her. The only discernable damage was a broken lock chain, according to the complainant .

At 11:45 a.m. on Sept. 1, a male complainant reported that someone had stolen his cell phone from the table he was sitting at at approximately 11:00 p.m. on the previous day. The complainant reported that he noticed another male at a nearby table staring at him and decided to leave as he feared that the other male might want to fight him.The complainant stated that he noticed that he had left his phone at the table and went to retrieve it approximately twenty minutes later. When he arrived, it was no longer there. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a black rubber and red wood case. The phone is valued at $200.

At 2:01 p.m. on Sept. 2, an officer took a theft complaint from a staff member who claimed his staff parking hangtag had been stolen from his vehicle. The complainant stated that he had left his vehicle unlocked.