“Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is free for students to use on their personal computers for the duration of their enrollment at the institution,” Sean Carnahan said, enterprise services manager at Tech.
Below are the steps for how Arkansas Tech students may download the software:
1) Visit http://office365. atu.edu or your Tech email account.
2) Log in using your Arkansas Tech student username and password.
3) Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner, and then select Office 365 settings. If using the Tech email system click on the words Office 365 in the upper left hand corner.
4) Click software in the left menu. For the email link the menu will be on the right hand side- it should say Install Office.
5) Select your desired language
(If you are installing Office for Windows, Microsoft recommends the 32-bit installation.)
6) Click install to download and install the latest version of Office.
“Arkansas Tech students may install the software on up to five computers, including Windows and Mac. Mobile applications for Microsoft Office are accessible for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices,” Carnahan said.
The program will ask you to log in with your Tech ID and password every 30 days to verify that you are still eligible for the free software.
For more information contact the Arkansas Tech Office of Information Systems Campus Support Center at (479) 968-0646 or campussupport@atu. edu.